WELCOME to Between The Lines

This is my chronicle of my occasional travels about the country. I started it in 2010 for my trip on my 2005 Harley Road King Classic for Big Daddy's Gulf Coast Gypsy Tour to New Orleans...Read below to find out about it! NEW REQUEST FOR READERS! If you are following this blog, sign in as a follower! That way I get to know who my audience is, which makes it more fun. Thanks!

In 2011 its the same destination, and its another Big Daddy Gypsy Tour, but on a different bike (my new Road Glide Ultra) and via a different route. This year is going to be in preparation for a 'Travels with Charlie' trip sometime in the future --so its camping along the way, and reporting as I have energy and internet connections.

Periodic posts will appear below, latest first. The
"Pages" down at the bottom have some information of more general applicability or interest. Enjoy! HippieDave

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Jim Bridger and the MOuntain Men were Right!

Jackson Hole is a gorgeous refuge from the harsh mountains and deserts around it.  Here is the Snake River as it runs along the highway into Jackson Hole.  Luckily, the river runs along side much of the highway journey in. You can see the top of the windshield there in the middle.

I have other cool photos for today, but will have to add them later.  The internet upload here at Motel 6 in Jackson is terribly slow.

Lucky we had a reservation.  Town is very crowded, and eight bikers were turned away as we rode in, as the motel is full up. It rained tonight while at dinner.  The wonderful raincover I got for Christmas, which has been on the bike every night so far, was in the saddlebag.  So my sheepskin seat cover is draped over the AC now trying to dry.

Am pretty tired tonight.  We started at 7 this a.m. with an oil top off for the Indian's primary chain case, got on the road about 8:30 and got into Jackson about 6:30 ....longish day.  Tomorrow is a short ride day though, so I should be able to update the blog thoroughly tomorrow. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment