WELCOME to Between The Lines

This is my chronicle of my occasional travels about the country. I started it in 2010 for my trip on my 2005 Harley Road King Classic for Big Daddy's Gulf Coast Gypsy Tour to New Orleans...Read below to find out about it! NEW REQUEST FOR READERS! If you are following this blog, sign in as a follower! That way I get to know who my audience is, which makes it more fun. Thanks!

In 2011 its the same destination, and its another Big Daddy Gypsy Tour, but on a different bike (my new Road Glide Ultra) and via a different route. This year is going to be in preparation for a 'Travels with Charlie' trip sometime in the future --so its camping along the way, and reporting as I have energy and internet connections.

Periodic posts will appear below, latest first. The
"Pages" down at the bottom have some information of more general applicability or interest. Enjoy! HippieDave

Friday, September 16, 2011

Trial packing today. After months of researching and using a fish scale to determine the weight of various components of the camping set up, this is the final...or close to final..arrangement. On board are tent, cot, sleeping pad, two sleeping bags, armchair, cookstove and all associated stuff. Its packed so the heavy stuff resides forward (where a heavy passenger might otherwise sit) and hte bulky light stuff --did I mention pillow, coffee pot, towels laptop (mini) etc goes high up and towards the back. Weight distribution feels good. We'll see how she handles next week with a trial run. I may actually camp out at one of our local parks if I have the time to do a real trial run.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David, At least a couple of us are out here reading your chronicles.
    Great trip. Are those custom wheels on the bike? Have a Safe Journey.
    Lan

    ReplyDelete