WELCOME to Between The Lines

This is my chronicle of my occasional travels about the country. I started it in 2010 for my trip on my 2005 Harley Road King Classic for Big Daddy's Gulf Coast Gypsy Tour to New Orleans...Read below to find out about it! NEW REQUEST FOR READERS! If you are following this blog, sign in as a follower! That way I get to know who my audience is, which makes it more fun. Thanks!

In 2011 its the same destination, and its another Big Daddy Gypsy Tour, but on a different bike (my new Road Glide Ultra) and via a different route. This year is going to be in preparation for a 'Travels with Charlie' trip sometime in the future --so its camping along the way, and reporting as I have energy and internet connections.

Periodic posts will appear below, latest first. The
"Pages" down at the bottom have some information of more general applicability or interest. Enjoy! HippieDave

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Out of California at last!

I post tonight from Flagstaff Arizona. The good news is that today was -- relatively speaking-- completely non-eventful!

I awoke this a.m. to a fogged in Riverside, and rode for the first hour of the day in very dense ground fog. This became sun quickly though and all in all it was a pleasant ride. I did feel a bit like a stripper at an Ambivalents Convention--take it off/'/put it on! Going from fog bound coast through desert and up to the 7000 foot range, with classic summer mouuntain thundershowers and hail, I wore every bit of gear I had with me--several times!

Tidbit for today:
Southern California never ceases to amaze me. Did you know, for example that there is a community (Norco --North Coventry perhaps?) where all the streets are equestrian paths, and where all the buildings have hitching posts in front? All well and good, I say; to each his own. But only in Southern Cal would the City Planners have approved --can you see this one coming?--a ride through McDonalds! Yes! I know this from the horse's mouth, as it were, as one of the sales ladies at Riverside HD lives there.

Off to Albuquerque tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. If I had a nickel for every time my dad compared himself to a stripper. . .

    ReplyDelete