WELCOME to Between The Lines

This is my chronicle of my occasional travels about the country. I started it in 2010 for my trip on my 2005 Harley Road King Classic for Big Daddy's Gulf Coast Gypsy Tour to New Orleans...Read below to find out about it! NEW REQUEST FOR READERS! If you are following this blog, sign in as a follower! That way I get to know who my audience is, which makes it more fun. Thanks!

In 2011 its the same destination, and its another Big Daddy Gypsy Tour, but on a different bike (my new Road Glide Ultra) and via a different route. This year is going to be in preparation for a 'Travels with Charlie' trip sometime in the future --so its camping along the way, and reporting as I have energy and internet connections.

Periodic posts will appear below, latest first. The
"Pages" down at the bottom have some information of more general applicability or interest. Enjoy! HippieDave

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Gentle readers, I have not forgotten and abandoned you.  I began my trip a  bit later than originally planned, and have been delayed by heavy winds in progressing as fast as anticipated.  I have things to report, and pictures to display, but not the time or energy to do so right now.  Instead, I'm going to bunk down early and hope that tomorrow brings a better day for blogging.

In synopsis, however: Fridat June 6 was my first day on the road, after spending a couple of days at Fallen Leaf Lake getting acclimated to some of my camping gear and fine tuning the packing of the bike, and it was uneventful but slower than anticipated.  I camped last night in Ely Nevada.
This a.m. quite early I hit the road hoping to make it to Gunnison CO.  I made it to Montrose CO, which is close but is no Gunnison.  Tomorrow my target is Dodge City Kansas, but that will be a 500 mile day, so I mayv end up pitching the tent somewhere in between.  I will keep all as up to date as I can ....

No comments:

Post a Comment