WELCOME to Between The Lines

This is my chronicle of my occasional travels about the country. I started it in 2010 for my trip on my 2005 Harley Road King Classic for Big Daddy's Gulf Coast Gypsy Tour to New Orleans...Read below to find out about it! NEW REQUEST FOR READERS! If you are following this blog, sign in as a follower! That way I get to know who my audience is, which makes it more fun. Thanks!

In 2011 its the same destination, and its another Big Daddy Gypsy Tour, but on a different bike (my new Road Glide Ultra) and via a different route. This year is going to be in preparation for a 'Travels with Charlie' trip sometime in the future --so its camping along the way, and reporting as I have energy and internet connections.

Periodic posts will appear below, latest first. The
"Pages" down at the bottom have some information of more general applicability or interest. Enjoy! HippieDave

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bike's even waxed! Now I gotta get the energy to rub it off!

Got a bit of a reprieve from kitchen duties today as 1) the electrician had taken over the space to finish the job and 2) a California Sea Lion needed rescuing.  Unfortunately, neither one made it.  But at least it got me out.  Tested out the new oil and it seems to be staying inside the bike. Got the wax out and put it on.  Now have to take  it off.  Seems like we're almost ready to go.  Greg says the Indian is almost ready for a test start, but I notice he's also dusted off the BMW just in case.

Here is our planned route.  I don't usually stick to any planned route, although I like to have a general idea of where and when I'm moseying along.  We might stick close to this one though, as it has been planned not only to get us there, but to pass through places that are worth seeing in their own right.  If anyone knows of any 'must see's' along this route, give us a holler.  Here's the route:


Gotta go rub some wax and make sure all systems are a 'go'. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment